Aims and scope
Journal of Food Health and Bioenvironmental Science is an international scientific journal which is the official publication of Research and Development Institution, Suan Dusit University, Thailand. The Journal publishes papers in the categories of peer reviewed original articles, review article and book review from all areas related to food, health, biological and environmental disciplines and other related fields in order to exchange knowledge and concepts with the scientific community. The Journal is published thrice annually, with the 1st issue covering the months of January to April, the 2nd issue May to August, and the 3rd issue September to December.
The journal is distributed in both print and online (www.research.dusit.ac.th/new/e-Journal/) formats. In order to submit a manuscript for publication in Journal of Food Health and Bioenvironmental Science, researchers are required to send their original manuscript ScholarOne system (https://mc03.manuscriptcentral.com/jfhb). Submitted manuscripts must not already be published or in the proposal stage of publication in other journals.
Each article will undergo examination from at least 2 experts (Peer Review) of the journal via the double-blinded review before it is published. The commentary provided by these experts will form the basis for revisions should the article require resubmission.
The following areas are covered in the Journal
• Food science including food chemistry, food biotechnology, food processing, food technology, food microbiology, food safety, food nutrition, product development, sensory analysis and related fields
• Health sciences including epidemiology, nursing, pharmaceutical science, cosmetic, public health and related fields
• Biological science including microbiology, molecular biology & genetics, cell biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, biodiversity, biomonitoring & biomarkers, ecology, plant & animal biology, toxicology, applied biology, agricultural science and related fields
• Environmental science including aquatic environment, atmospheric environment, environmental pollution, environmental chemistry, alternatively fuels, green technology and related fields
Journal of Food Health and Bioenvironmental Science Publication Ethics
- It is the duty of the Editors to consider the submitted manuscripts related to field of Food, Health, biological and environmental disciplines. The consideration will be based solely on the content. The ethnicity, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or religious belief of authors does not influence the editor’s decision.
- Throughout the submission, the editors must not share the information about the submissions to anyone except the authors, reviewers and JFHB staffs.
- Editors must make sure the manuscript has no substantial vested interests authors or affiliated organizations.
- The editorial staff have to assure that the manuscript has been peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers in the field of Food, Health, biological and environmental disciplines or other related field appropriate for each manuscript. The editorial staffs also have to be careful about the copyright Infringement, falsification of data, and plagiarisms. If there is an offense according to the said regulations, the editor must investigate and seek for evidence before consider reject the manuscript.
- In case that the Editors suspect that the manuscript might have been published elsewhere, the editor should investigate and consider reject.
- In case of unethical publishing practices that are later uncovered, the action will still be taken seriously.
- Reviewers are expect to give constructive and professional comments. Improper criticism must be avoided.
- If the manuscript given is lies beyond area of expertise, the reviewers should inform the staff immediately.
- Reviewers must keep the manuscript confidential. Do not share any information of the manuscript to anyone other than the editorial staff.
- In case that the reviewers find that the other works contained in the manuscript are not well credited, reviewers are required to inform the editorial staff.
- If there are conflicts of interests, reviewers should inform the editorial staff. Editors will decide whether the reviewer is appropriate for the manuscript or not.
- The authors should write the manuscript related to the theme of Food, Health, biological and environmental disciplines. The research manuscript should contained relevant background information, efficient methodology, APA style citation, accurate results, and reasonable discussion.
- The authors should follow the journal guidelines strictly.
- Any opinion or perspective made in the manuscript must be explicitly highlighted as “opinion” or “perspective”
- The authors must be careful and aware that fraudulent information and omission of important information are unethical author behaviors.
- The authors must be able to provide research data if the Editor see needed.
- Authors must reference other works properly. Any work involved in the manuscript also must be well credited.
- The authors must make sure that the manuscript has not been published elsewhere before and is not currently in the publication process in other journals.
- The person must have made significant contributions to the manuscript, participate and give important efficient content during revisions and provide approval for publication in order to be listed as an author. Researchers who do not meet the above criteria should be listed in the Acknowledgements section.
- Author should identify any conflicts of interest that might have influenced the data and/or interpretations of data.
- To make the efficient revision, the authors should respond to all the given critiques and suggestions during the revision.
- If the authors find errors in their works that need to be correct, the author should inform the editors immediately.